Friday, October 12, 2007




While checking out a cannon 70-200mm usm is l f4 lens down at the Santa Barbara water front, I came across these skimmers and ducks. It was overcast today so not much light for a f4 lens to actually stop motion. These birds were the perfect test piece for the lens though. Since the lens has IS (Image Stabilization) it can handle lower light. There is also a cool feature for stabilizing only in the vertical direction. This helps when panning so that the is does not attempt to correct the sideways motion. Well here you have some pretty clean shots. I cropped them quit a bit and gave them some exposing increase as well as a hint of contrast adjustment. The sharpening tool did not really work on these, but the contrast did wonders. I think I like this lens. I'll give it a couple more days to decide for sure.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: